You hear a lot of people say that DHEA can improve your sex drive and provide a lot of health benefits.But is it safe and effective? And how does it help improve your sex drive? Find out everything you need to know about DHEA, its health benefits, uses and risks, if any.
What is DHEA?
[adsanity id=”66647″ align=”alignnone” /]
DHEA stands for dehydroepiandrosterone. It is a steroid hormone that is produced naturally by the adrenal glands or the glands found above the kidney. Aside from testosterone and estrogen, DHEA is a precursor to both male and female sex hormones. It also increases in your 20s and gradually declines as you age.
Today, DHEA can be taken in the form of capsules, supplements or injections. These are made from diosgenin, a substance also found in soy and wild yam.
What are the DHEA health benefits?
There have been a lot of concerns regarding DHEA supplements and its safety. In 1985, the said pills were removed from the US market because of false claims. It was only reintroduced in 1994 when Dietary Supplement Health Education Act was passed.
Still, below are some of the health benefits of using DHEA:
10 Health Benefits of DHEA:
- Slows down the aging process. Keep in mind that DHEA also decreases as you age. However, further study is needed to determine the long term effect of DHEA among aging people.
- Builds up the adrenal gland.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Provide more energy especially during physical activities.
- Builds up muscle strength.
- Soothe menopausal symptoms.
- Enhance exercise performance.
- Provides relief for mild to moderate depression.
- Improves bone mineral density among older men and women.
- Enhances mental function and bone mass in women with systemic lupus erythematosus or SLE.
Aside from all of these, DHEA is said to improve libido on women and treat erectile dysfunction on men. Several studies were conducted that showed a significant improvement on men with erectile dysfunction by merely taking DHEA supplements.
What are the DHEA side effects?
A lot of experts are still recommending further study regarding the safety of DHEA pills. Although there are studies that show DHEA does treat a lot of health conditions, extra care is still needed. Keep in mind that DHEA is a hormone and can only be used under supervision of a health practitioner. Further, some experts notice some side effects on those taking this hormonal supplement.
The most common side effects include:
- Physical changes such as acne, oily skin, skin thickening, facial hair or hair loss.
- Body changes such as insomnia, abnormal menses, headache, heart palpitations, fatigue, nasal congestion, or irregular heartbeat.
- Hormonal effects that results to masculinisation such as weight gain round the waist, or deep voice. Effects such as altered cholesterol or thyroid hormone levels, insulin resistance, or increased blood sugar level will also occur. Since DHEA is a hormone that is related to other male and female hormones, changes in the hormonal activities will occur.
- Cancer such as breast, prostate or ovarian. Since DHEA supplements may alter the levels of estrogen and testosterone. If proper dosage is not followed, cancer may occur.
That being said, it is important to take extra precaution when taking DHEA supplements. While it can help improve your sex drive, overusing it may cause various health issues. Again, always consult a doctor before taking anything. Proper dosage is important to avoid any of the following side effects.
Provestra Can Help To Increase Your Sex Drive
If you’re looking for a safe alternative to improve your libido, then you should try Provestra. It is 100% safe and doctor recommended daily supplement that is proven to increase sex drive among women. Because feeling sexy starts on the inside, Provestra is composed of natural herbs, nutrients and aphrodisiacs that balance your hormones and get you the satisfaction you need.
Provestra’s blend of herbs are known and proven to boost sex drive in women. Ingredients include:
- Ginger Root
- B-Complex vitamins
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Licorice root
- Damiana Leaf
- Black Cohosh root
Aside from this, Provestra comes with a money back guarantee. If you did not see any improvement within 67 days, then you can get your money back in full.
When it comes to boosting your sex drive, it is important to keep yourself educated and informed. There are a lot of ingredients that are said to increase your libido, only to find out that you are just wasting money on useless drugs. It is also advisable to consult your doctor before trying out anything, especially DHEA supplements. Again, extra care is needed when it comes to DHEA, You don’t want to compromise your health just because you want an enhanced sex drive.