Life may start at the age of forty for men. This is the contrary when it comes to the sex life
of women. At this stage, females may notice a sudden decline of sexual appetite. It is because menopause and sex drive are linked together.
Menopause And Sex Drive
Some medical references claim that a women’s sex drive
shoots up after the menopausal
stage. This is because the fear of getting pregnant
not on their minds.
However, it is not always the case as women may encounter some changes in their body, which affects their sexual appetite.
Sex and menopause are oftentimes being associated with each other. Some women are even waiting for menopausal period, as it frees them from usage of contraceptives.
This happens especially if a couple is no longer planning to have another baby. What they did not know is that menopause
may cause decreased libido
Sexual Difficulties Brought By Menopausal Period
When it comes to menopause and sex, some people insist that a female individual only needs the right attitude for their sex life to be active forever. However, this is only possible if sexual difficulties did not set in during or after the menopause. Here are several sexual difficulties that a woman may encounter after this period.
- Loss Of Libido – The estrogen hormones link menopause and libido. The stage can cause lower levels of estrogen that can cause negative effects to a woman’s sex life. With this change, a woman may encounter arousal problems and loss of desire to have sex.
Poor Sexual Functioning – Menopause decreases the pleasure that women can get from having sex.
They may experience issues with reaching climax, lesser pleasure during penetration and weak orgasmic sensation.
- Changes In Perception – Women after the menopausal period find themselves declining from sex or romantic subjects.
They involuntarily lose their passionate or flirtatious side. Women also tend to lose interest on having orgasm with every sexual intercourse that they do.
- Vaginal Dryness – Another effect of lower estrogen in a woman’s system is the vaginal dryness.
The lining becomes thinner and dryer, which may result to further exposure of the clitoris.
This part of a woman’s sex organ is getting less sensitive as it becomes more exposed. With this, difficulty in penetration maybe experienced and longer stimulation maybe required.
Other Risk Factors
Aside from the above, other factors may affect a woman’s desire on engaging to a sexual activity. Here are some examples of those.
- Bladder control problems
- Nervous system issues
- Sleep disturbances
- Anxiety and Depression
- Medications that can influence the sexual appetite
3 Methods to Get Your Libido:
1. Coping With Menopause
Menopausal stage is a point of no return. Once you are in it, there is no way that you can go back. However, that doesn’t mean that you just have to succumb to all of the negative impacts that it can cause to your sex life. There are still some things that you can do to keep yourself fired up.
- Lube Up Your Vaginal Tissues. To counter the vaginal dryness, there are products in the market that you can use such as K-Y jelly or Astraglide.
This can reduce sexual difficulties brought by the changes in your body.
You and your partners saliva is also an effective agent to keep the vagina’s wetness.
- Undergo Hormonal Therapies. There are pills available, which can boost your estrogens. Androgen therapy on the other hand can increase your testosterone level, which is good for enhancing your sexual desire and chances for arousal.
- Make Use Of Steroid Hormone Drugs. This is an effective way to fuel your sex drive.It makes use of combined effects of testosterone, progesterone and estrogen.
If you are scared with the masculinising effects of testosterone, this is a good choice to go for.
2. Lifestyle Changes
Aside from making use of products and medical processes to keep your sexual hormones up, you can use some home remedies
and common sense to keep yourself in top shape when it comes to sex.
- Resolve All Your Medical Problems. Remember that overall health is important to your sexual health. Some sickness and health conditions may influence your sexual arousal, drive and orgasm.
- Exercise And Engage Yourself In More Physical Activity. Doing so can increase your stamina, enhance your mood and improve your physique. All of this may contribute to a better sexual health.
- Quit Smoking. This bad habit can reduce the blood flow in different parts of the body.
If the circulation of blood flow is not that good, you will encounter problems with arousal.
- Avoid Drugs And Alcohol. Both can slow down the responsiveness of your system.
3. Discuss It With Your Partner
Your partner should be aware of the changes that are happening to your body. This is crucial in order for him to be able to make necessary adjustments. Apart from this, it will help him to understand what you are going through. Everything is for a healthier relationship and sex life. Here are some things that you need to inform him about:
- Tell him if what he is doing feels good or not.
- Inform him if you are in the mood to perform a sexual activity with him.
- Inform him of times when you feel more relaxed and ready.
- Tell whether you need more time for arousal and if you need his help with it.
- The concerns you have when it comes to having sex.
- Tell him about the things and activities that would make you feel aroused.
The menopausal stage may provide relief from the worry of getting pregnant. In exchange to this, there are challenges that a woman should try to overcome.
Apart from making your own actions, it is recommendable to let your partner join the process for a far stronger relationship.